It can get very frustrating for us whenever we hear people underestimate the need for proper oral hygiene. We’ve read the latest stats, and it still amazes us that not everyone care for their oral health. You need proper oral hygiene to help make sure that you don’t suffer any dental condition that could have been easily avoided in the first place.
So here are some tips to follow:
- Always brush your teeth at least twice a day. This also means you should brush your teeth correctly, and you shouldn’t overlook your tongue and the roof of your mouth.
- Floss at least once a day. This removes the bits of food that your toothbrush can’t handle.
- Use a mouthwash. Technically, a mouthwash isn’t absolutely necessary. But it can help, and with today’s state of dental health we need all the help that we can get. The mouthwash can help kill some of the bacteria in your mouth. It also keeps your breath fresh, and that’s always a good thing.
- See your dentist every 6 months. Don’t let 6 moths pass without seeing your dentist. Each visit allows your dentist to monitor the state of your dental health, and you can also get the cleanings you need.
- If you suspect any dental issue, don’t hesitate to make an appointment. The issue can be anything, including toothaches or problems with the quality of your smile. These problems won’t just go away. Actually, they can get a lot worse if you delay treatment.
- Reduce your consumption of coffee, tea, and alcohol. These drinks are often the cause of teeth discoloration. These drinks can also keep your teeth from getting the calcium they need so that they remain strong.
- See that you get enough calcium in your diet. Whenever you feel like drinking soda in the afternoon, drink milk instead. The enamel in your teeth requires calcium so they can remain strong. Take care that your diet also includes dairy products so you get the calcium you need. If that’s not part of your diet, then you should think about getting calcium supplements, as well as vitamins B and D supplements too.
- If you grind your teeth or play contact sports, come to us so we can get you a custom-fitted mouth guard.
Get in touch with us and our dentist can provide you with the proper dental care you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy and your smile brilliant.